toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

229. The bad breadth Fox Terrier Puppy has been pee-trayed trained.

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

"The Fox Terrier puppy has a bad smell," the owner who had just purchased him yesterday from a breeder said. "Not active as expected of this breed."



The puppy had a normal rectal temperature. A dry cough when I palpated the throat. I smelt the ears. No smell. The anal glands had a bit of clay brown oil but this should not cause the smell.

I opened the mouth. Gums were normal pink. Only one puppy canine teeth (longer, thin, curved in the picture) was present on its upper right side. However, he has a very bad smell in its saliva. Like that of bad breadth from people who had not brushed their teeth or drank enough water.

Why? Nobody knows. He could have an infected throat.

"How do you toilet train him?" I asked. The owner was a graduate from Strathclyde University in Glasgow. I asked him about Glasgow as I had studied there 30 years ago.

"I put him in a bathroom with a pee tray cum wire flooring top." the owner said. "Today, I noted that he did not dirty the bathroom floor. He just pooped on the extreme right of the wire flooring and slept on the clean side. I wonder how he peed?"

"Most likely he peed through the wire flooring on the right side. His sleeping area is on the left side. Just like his environment in a cage in the breeding kennel."
There should be no toilet training problem as he knows what to do.

How he got bad breadth, it is hard to say. It is a very rare case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home