toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Sunday, June 11, 2006

316. A muzzle to stop stool eating?

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

Not a common situation but there are puppies who eat stools.
I get one complaint out of 50 puppies in my Toilet Training Survey.

Some outgrow this bad habit but many eat stools past adulthood.

I had this idea. Muzzle the puppy when the owner is not around and after eating.
But would this be cruel? Can the puppy drink water?

One of my customers said to me: "The muzzle is very useful. It stopped my puppy from eating stools."

"How does it drink water?" I asked.

"The puppy can still drink water from the loose muzzle," the young man said. Good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home