toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Saturday, September 30, 2006

409. The needle point exited the puppy and squirted the vaccine onto her favourite blouse

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

It is tough to be a new vet.


"Do you know?" the fair lady petshop owner suddenly said as I was injecting her round-eyed Shih Tzu with ear scabies. "Your new vet squirted the vaccine onto my favourite floral blouse! So yucky!

"Dr Daniels injected the needle under the puppy skin for vaccination," she laughed softly, "But the needle went in one part andout of the skin. As he squeezed the plunger of the syringe, the vaccine shot in an arc onto my best blouse! I had no change of clothes..."

"I am sorry that you suffered. Such mishaps of the needle exiting the skin during vaccination and the vaccine misfired had ever happened to me.

"Most likely all newly graduated vets would have suffer such indignation of the dog owner at least once in their career!" I said solemnly.

"Dr Daniel could be nervous as this was his first visit to your pet shop. Maybe the puppy was not properly held and could have moved as he injected. All vets learn from hands on experience."

Such complaints must be treated seriously. The petite lady petshop owner in her twenties furrowed her forehead, closed her big round eyes and seemed to accept my explanation.

"Why don't you wear a diamond ring like your partner?" I changed the topic which seem more interesting. "She wears dazzling large diamond rings and sometimes diamond pendants."

"I have no husband to give me diamond rings," she extended her ring-free fingers of both hands, "Furthermore, I can't afford the big carat diamonds she has."

Well, diamonds are a girl's best friend. But not for her. I thought she had forgiven Dr Daniel when I commented that she could ask the young vet to express or squeeze out the anal glands of her own Golden Retriever on his next visit. She said she could not do it and the dog was chasing her tail and biting her anal area.

"Bring the dog to the pet shop," I advised. "Dr Daniel would do the necessary for you free of charge."

"No, no," she said. "He might be too rough on Silver!"

"Bring Silver to your pet shop and let me know when I come for the next puppy vaccination." No more ideas to change the subject. I said goodbye while she uploaded her family and dog pictures on Flicker in her laptop.

It is sure tough to be a new veterinarian nowadays. But all professionals must start with the first case and we all learn over the years. But it is hard to say that in private practice when expectations are so much higher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home