toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Saturday, October 01, 2005

97. "Doc, Shall I beat the puppy if he misbehaves?"

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

The breeder's assistant, a tall young man with a crooked tooth had advised that the puppy be spanked if he misbehaves. The Jack Russell loves to bite the owner's fingers and shreds newspapers. Great ball of fire and high energy. I put a towel on the consultation table to show the owner that the puppy may love a soft area to sleep on. The puppy immediately sniffed and bit the towel.

"His gums are itchy and he needs to chew the towel," I explained. Other puppies in the same situation usually just sniffed the towel.




"Doc, shall I beat the puppy if he misbehaves?" the over forty man asked me a second time.

"Beating only makes the puppy frighten of you," I said.
The puppy pees and poops all over the apartment. Now, what should the owner do if not using negative reinforcement?

How do first-time owners deal with a puppy's toilet-training?

"What type of housing do you have for your puppy?" I asked.

The answer depends on the type of housing. If only, there is a book in the Singapore situation that I can take out and give it to the couple for reference. An instruction manual like the Secrets of Shaolin Kung Fu masters.

After explaining toilet-training, the man asks before leaving the consultation room, "Doc, shall I beat the puppy if he misbehaves?"

There are various methods of correcting misbehaviour. It takes a book to explain. I said, "The Jack Russell puppy is so small in size. Your beating may cause internal organ injury and it dies from internal bleeding at the head or abdomen."

The owner had not thought of that. I think he would not beat the puppy.


SHARING YOUR INSIGHTS:
READERS e-mail to me your problems or solutions. Your queries may be included in the book to help all puppy owners all over the world. E-mail to judy@toapayohvets.com

SPONSORS NEEDED:
Advertisers and sponsors for this book and another book HOW YOUR PUPPY CAN LIVE LONGER?, please e-mail to judy@toapayohvets.com for more info or tel: +65 9668-6468.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home