toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Friday, November 18, 2005

171. The pet shop girls laughed out loud while the Border Collie escaped

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

"Watch out for the traffic warden," I asked the pet shop girl. It was extremely difficult to park in this expatriate-favoured shopping area in Holland Village and so, I had parked in the cul-de-sac road near the pet shop.

The sun was just bright for my research pictures of a dog house. The pet shop girl provided the dog house.

"But you have to pay if the puppy pees on the cushion," the girl said as I unwrapped the plastic bag covering the new red cushion. I wanted to show the bedding for the puppy. I must say that this shop girl is very good in looking after the interest of her company. I prayed that the puppy would not let go. Otherwise, like glassware in retail shops with a sign "once broken, considered sold." In this case, "once peed upon, considered sold."

Which puppy to be my model? I chose the Border Collie. Black and white should come out beautifully.

The pet shop girl put the puppy into the dog house. Within 1 second, he bounced out before she could say "Border.." You could see her hands were too late to prevent the canine escape.

"Try again," I said. "It was like taking movies. So many re-takes. The Border Collie bounced out again and again.

What to do? I was lost as to how to ask the puppy to sit inside for a picture.

The second pet shop girl came out to help. She took out chew toys and treats. Put them inside the dog house. Out bounced the puppy within one second.

"Why not block the entrance with the cushion?" I suggested, keeping a lookout for the traffic warden. The sun was still shining and there were no black clouds to block its light. But black clouds were drifting by to obstruct its sunlight. I had to act fast. Best pictures of dogs are best taken in bright evening sunlight.

The traffic warden was forgotten as the 2nd pet shop girl blocked the entrance after putting the Border Collie puppy in. She placed the cushion obliquely. There was a very small gap on the left lower corner of the entrance.

Out bounced the Border Collie. She just burst out laughing.

The dark grey clouds drifted towards the sun's path. I had not much time left to laugh. It was funny. 4 adults including my assistant James and nobody could ask the Border Collie to model quietly.

"Cover the whole entrance," I suggested. Once the girl took off the cushion for me to take picture, the lag time of this digital camera meant that the puppy had scooted off.

So, no picture was taken. What you see here was the first picture before the puppy got wise. Even then, he was making his exit.

"Why not use the Sheltie," the second pet shop girl suggested. Full of ideas. She would be a good team leader. The Sheltie was a good model. But he does not have that "X" factor to make the picture exciting.

It is difficult to do research with a digital camera. An SLR digital camera will be better as there is no lag time between focusing and shutter closing. But not so much fun as with these two pet shop girls.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home