toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Sunday, November 27, 2005

193. Negative reinforcement & AVA Roadshow 2005

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

This AVA 2nd roadshow is more interesting than the first one at Bishan Park in 2004. More voluntary and commercial organisations are involved.

The downtown location is excellent as most youths spend their free time there, in my opinion and so the roadshow teaches the younger generation to be responsible pet owners.

The participating Singapore animal welfare and interest groups are: Action for Singapore Dogs, Animal Lover League, Cat Welfare Society, SOS Animal, House Rabbits Society of Singapore, Noah Ark CARES, Singapore Kennel Club, Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. All of them, except for Noah Ark CARES were present at the 2004 roadshow in Bishan Park.

There were educational talks, obedience training demonstrations, lots of educational boards, some games from Animal Planet to win water bottles, a children's book publishing company called Little House and Club Pets Magazine - the longest surviving pet magazine (15 months now) in Singapore. Lots of things to learn if you are interested in pets.

Some information about this picture.




I was not intending to take this picture as I always associate opening pictures of celebrities quite boring and unnatural. I was far back. Photographers were blocking me.

I snapped 2 pictures. The lag on my digital camera prevented me from taking the pictures of the celebrities placing of dog tags on the cat and dog to open the road show. I thought this was a novel idea, compared to cutting ribbons. Unfortunately, I did not capture this.

The bad news for pet owners is that dog licences for unsterilised male dogs will be increased to around $70.00, same as for unsterilised female dogs. Negative reinforcement training of pet owners?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home