toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Sunday, January 22, 2006

248. Creative Research is not a sudden flash of inspiration?


Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore


I read the Times Magazine, Jan 23, 2006. How To Sharpen Your Mind. On Page 48 - 49, there was a fascinating article on "The Hidden Secrets of the Creative Mind". I read this article I wrote my research report No. 247 about the American Cocker Spaniel.

According to the article, all research showed that the creative process is basically the same. Generating ideas, evaluating them and executing them, with many creative sparks happening over time. Take risks, make a lot of mistakes because creativity is a numbers game. It is a romantic myth to think that creativity is gifted or from one moment of inspiration. It is about hard work. If you are waiting for inspiration, you will never start working and be creative.

It took a lot of time. For this weblog on toilet training in puppies, it took over 2 years. I had to keep focused as it is hard work. Now, I am nearing ending my research of over 300 cases to write a book.

I felt like giving up many times. Had better things to do. Do research of over 200 cases of puppy toilet training for an educational book to help first-time puppy owners or putting up a weblog can be very time-consuming.

I checked how long I took to write report 237.

I took over 1 hour to complete. This is still a long time for me. I had to refer to my notes in a notebook. Download the pictures. Make the picture (above) prettier using Photoshop. What's was the problem with this case? Solutions. Upload the file and pictures. All on a nice Sunday dawn with the music on.

The Times article said that multi-tasking on several same field projects at once may foster some unexpected connections and new ideas. Creative minds are not inherited nor sudden flashes of inspiration in the bath tub, bed or the bus (the 3 B's referred to in creativity research).



We cannot be creative by studying in more than one field. So, stay focused and work hard on one area (e.g. real estate, national service full time, music, puppies).

Learn everything that has been done (read up and do research on puppy toilet training in my case, real estate for housing agents. Hard work deters many people.

I am still thinking of how to write this puppy-toilet training book such that children 8-18 years old will find it a page turner. It may take another year to get the book done. I have to do research on children's book writing and on the craft of writing itself. In addition to interviews with puppy owners and other things to do. So, the book may take years to publish.

This report is written for associates of www.asiahomes.com and a national service solider who was attacked by sand flies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home