toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Monday, March 13, 2006

280. Perseverance. 3-4 months to be toilet-trained. A secret.

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

"How long you take to toilet-train your puppy?" I asked the young man who brought his dog for the annual vaccination.

"A long time."

"Did you beat your puppy to teach him?" I asked.

"Sometimes"

"How did your puppy become toilet-trained? Was it overnight success?" I asked.

"No, no. It takes over 3 to 4 months. I discovered the secret after a long time."

"What is your secret of success?" I was very interested as many owners could not successfully toilet train their puppies.

"I just put a fresh newspaper on top of the pee. The puppy just go there to pee and poop."

"Why did you not use the toilet training spray available at the pet shop? The spray has a strong urine smell?" I asked.

"I used it. But it has no effect."

This was a case of Perseverance. But would this young man had been successful earlier if he had confined the puppy to a small area? And have knowledge of how to do it? It was too late to tell him the basic principles of toilet training of the puppy. I let it go. All was well now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home