toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Monday, June 12, 2006

317. A qualified puppy trainer?

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

The wife wanted to set up her own business. The husband was content to be an employee. They asked to talk to me. What business to do in Singapore? They need a local as they are foreigners.

1. Maid agency business. The wife did not know how to assess the viability of the business. She said she would earn $1,000 per maid.


"Is there a demand for your services?" I asked when she said she would charge $600 fees to the employer while the maid pays 3 months of her salary as agency fee.

"Do you know how much it costs the employer to get a Filipino maid?" I asked.

"$250 - $300" she said.

"So, why should the employer bother to get a maid from you?" I said. "The Filipino maid pays 6 months of her salary to the agent. I don't think you want to do such a business. What happens if the maid's family need money for the 6 months? What if she is sacked by the employer? You have to take care of her."

She knew the business was not viable.

2. Supply of Construction workers

"Have you got the contacts?" I asked. "What happens if the employer does not pay the salaries or try to avoid payment by sacking the workers after 2 months?" I asked.
"Are you financially strong to repatriate the workers?"

This idea was dropped.

3. Strengths

"You must be passionate in the business to succeed," I said. "Not just thinking of making money all the time."

I continued, "From my observation, your husband is a fearless person. Not afraid of growling aggressive dogs. If he is willing to go for training in the UK and qualify as a dog trainer, he will be able to start a good business."

I continued, "You don't need a local partner. A well-trained dog is a good advertisement. Referrals will come."

This should be their business. Preferably the couple should go together to UK and get trained. With proper qualifications and attachment to a veterinarian who deals with puppies, they can grow their business.

I think this couple will do very well if they focus and work as a team. I could be their business development manager or agent if they want me to. The husband was real good.

Once an aggressive Jack Russell wanted to bite me when I was about to vaccinate him. The husband held the growling, fang-bared dog with one hand and the other hand under his neck. The dog was docile. I knew he had a flair for dog handling. He had 10 years of experience with handling dogs at veterinary practices and one look from him seems to domesticate the fiercest of the canine species.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home