toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

430. Pee pan with wire flooring - Interview with pet shop operator

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

It is interesting to hear from another point of view --- the experienced puppy seller. If the timing is right and the pet shop operator knows me long enough, he told me the following reasons for using the PPWF:

1. The feet of the puppy will not be dirty as his urine flows through the wire flooring onto the play pan. So, the floor of the apartment will not be messy and wet.

"When does the owner use this? Immediately?" I asked.

I was surprised when he said that the puppy should be paper-trained first.
Put the PPWF onto the papers or where he eliminates.
The puppy will climb onto the PPWF and eliminate after eating.
Most puppies poop after eating.

The theory sounds simple. Does it work in the home? Research is never ending!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had sent you an email with regards to this as well. Anyway, my Golden Retreiver puppy is kept in a crate for sleeping in the kitchen . An area is then sealed with a baby gate. There is a toilet there too. Anyway, the puppy does not do its business in the crate (except once on the 2nd day). It will go to the toilet where a pee-pan with newspaper is there to pee. Thats just after 2-3 days of training. However, I noted that it will step on its urine while reversing or turning its way around when coming out of the toilet. So I placed the crate's wire floor on top of the pee-pan with newspaper. I confined myself with the puppy in the toilet after meal for about 2-3 hrs. Still it does not want to pee and poo. after removing the wire floor, it goes back to the pee-pan with the newspaper. Any ideas why it simply refuse to pee with a wire grating on top?

Also, it just like to poo on the kitchen floor. Very stubborn and refuse to poo on the newspaper. any advise?

Lastly, the puppy likes to tear the newspaper. And eats them too. It can go about the whole day. I'm worried about the amt of newspaper it is eating. I tried to stop it every time I see it. But the very next sec I turn away, its back at it......any great ideas?

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home