toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Friday, November 10, 2006

433. A vet has shaking hands?

"His hand is shaking a lot...you better come in," Nurse Ann text message me as the young vet was neutering a cat. He had done many such operations, so I knew he could do it.

I went into the operation room. The young vet was incising the skin. He was not used to being looked at by me, so I had left the op room.

"Just press the bladder as it is very full," I showed the young vet a big bulging lump which was a very full bladder of urine. He squeezed out the urine and did an excellent spay.

I am over 56 years old, but I did learn a new technique from him. I thought I had seen all. Still it was a surprise that I had not thought of this technique which made operating a cat with a much smaller skin incision.

Why was the young vet with me? Well, it was his mother's great love to see that he be mentored to do surgery under me. I knew this young man when he was in Primary School. His mother made much effort to contact me and made an appointment to introduce her son to me.

And I learnt a new technique from him in cat spay. I would be most happy to go through with him various surgical cases as he was a vet very interested in surgery.

As to his shaking hands, I experienced the same symptoms when a human plastic surgeon was watching me doing spay many years ago. When I was a young vet. So, I could empathise with him and left the op room. I explained this to Nurse Ann.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home