toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

303. The ankle biter

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

"See the wound on my ankle," the lady owner in her forties, put up her left foot. Several small red marks. One big one-cm scratch. Bite wounds from a 3-month-old Jack Russell puppy. Not serious wounds. Blemishes.

"What can be done?" she asked me.

What can I advise? A 1.5 kg puppy against a 60 kg woman. Who is in control?

"Puppies do nip people's feet," I said. "You need to distract them and discourage such biting."

I remember the word "ankle biter" when I read the Times Magazine article on e-bay. The CEO of e-bay was reported to say that the Chinese competitor aspiring to be China's e-bay was just an ankle biter. Now, I understand what she meant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home