toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Saturday, August 05, 2006

361. Follow up. 2 Schnauzers urine mark every 3rd lamp post.

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

"You remember me?" the expatriate asked. "Actually I remember your BMW 350 L," I joked. "I like the BMWs. I seldom see the "L" series parked outside at my surgery. So, I always remember. I guess it is a male thing to like BMWs."

The 2 owners of 2 Miniature Schnauzers now had grown up dogs rubbing their ears after grooming. That was why they came for consultation.

The grooming was well done. I think it is always a pleasure to see professionally groomed Schnauzers with their eye-brows curling out and their big eyes visible. This is a personal preference.

The ears were very painful after grooming. Such things happen. Maybe the dogs moved or the ear hairs were too abundant and too difficult to pluck.

"You remember your recommendations on paper-training?" the expatriate asked.

"I remember the condo was 2 levels. The dogs were kept inside a bathroom." I had documented this case in a blog 6 months ago.



"Well," the expatriate said. "After relocating the 2 puppies and giving more space for the toilet area and two pee pans, the dogs were paper-trained within 30 days. Newspapers were put on the 2 pee pans in the living area on level 1. This condo has living areas on level 1 and bedrooms on level 2.

"At 5th month, they were brought downstairs at 6 am., 8 a.m. 7 p.m and 9 p.m.
At 7th month, they they go downstairs at lunch time."

That makes it 5 times outdoor a day.

"So, how many times do they poop and pee?" I asked.

"Poops 2 times after meals. But they pee every 3 lamp post!" the expatriate laughed.

"They are males and are doing urine-marking," I said seriously. It is fortunate that the dogs don't urine mark the condo as the owners have had time to take them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home