toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Saturday, July 08, 2006

340. Raffles Girls Sec School or Singapore Sports School?

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

Saturday, Jul 9, 2006

Broad shouldered, slim and taller than her mum, brown as a chocolate bar. This Primary Six School girl, a school swimmer did not say a word when I talked to her. Her face lit up golden when mum said that The Singapore Sports School offers her a place. Yet she could qualify for the top Girls School, being top 5% of her cohort at a girl's school where students are asked to leave if they don't excel academically.

So, what school should she choose?

"Go for the top school since you can qualify," I said. "It is rare to get into Raffles. Swimming is your passion at your age. But you can still excel in swimming in Raffles if you manage your time. You will be competing with the best students. If you go to a school where the students don't have much interest in studies, you will be influenced to do below your best.

"My son's teacher in Anderson Secondary School discouraged him from studying in Raffles Junior College. Because it is stressful, they said. The environoment there may not be that great for academic excellence compared to Raffles Secondary
School which my son did not qualify.

The environment in Raffles Girls will be stressful but with good time management you should still enjoy swimming and representing the school."

"One must be more realistic," mum agreed with my views. Parents want the best for their children.

"In the real world, a graduate from Raffles compared to a neighbourhood school, assuming both are qualified for a scholarship or job - who would be given preference?" I asked her.

"Did you eat one egg a day?" I asked her as I remembered the national swimmers used to eat one egg a day to build up their body. Mum said no. She did not say a word. I wish she would express her opinions. But parents should guide the child to academic excellence, if the child can make it. I hope she choose to go to Raffles and represent the country in swimming. And that mum will let me know the good news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home