toilet training, house training puppies

Community education supported by www.toapayohvets.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Friday, June 23, 2006

332. A mother's negative mental attitude affected the 18-year-old

Toilet Training Your First Puppy in Singapore

June 23, 2006. A bright sunny afternoon. I promised the owner of an American Cocker Spaniel puppy to give her a proper report. I had scribbled on an envelope the proposals on paper-training but it would be difficult to understand.

Yet, I had to go to Zone X, a video game arcade in Toa Payoh. My 18-year-old son had lost his wallet including his ATM card, Identity Card, EZ Link card (bus card) and $12.00 yesterday. He was to go to Depot Road to register for National Service today.

"Did you go to the counter at Zone X to enquire whether anybody had returned the wallet?" I asked him at 8.30 am as I drove him to Depot Road Army Camp to enlist. "No" he said. "My friends and I checked the floor in Zone X for a long time. We found nothing. I believed my wallet dropped out from my bag."

"He would not find the wallet there," his mum interrupted before I could say "Go and check out. The teenagers at Zone X must have stolen his wallet and his Identity Card would be valuable for illegal immigrants. His mobile phones had been stolen by teenagers. So, no point asking. He should listen to my advice to keep the IC at home as his EZ link card would be his IC. He lost his IC once and did not heed my advice."


He had his passport photos in his wallet and so would not be able to have time to make another EZ link card. I asked him to take mum's first.

With so much maternal negative mental attitudes, the son did not go to enquire. He made a police report and was inconvenienced. 36 hours had passed. Why would I go when he was not proactive?

I had so many things to do. He was 18 years old. Let me get inconvenienced and learn the hard way.

I made an effort. At the counter, I introduced myself as the father and enquired about a lost wallet.

"A red ATM card inside and an Identity Card?" the 2 young managers asked me.

"Yes," I said. I showed them my identity card and mentioned my son's name. And would you believe it?

Everything was intact. Somebody must have picked up the wallet and given to the managers. I offered $10.00 but the men declined. I thanked them.

A parent is a role model for a teenager. Both parents must have consistency in training a teenager or child. But it is not possible in real life. Mum usually wins because they are closer to the kids.

Unconsciously, the mother's negative vibrations rubbed onto the teenager and even onto the spouse. Had I not gone to Zone X, the wallet would probably be lost later or kept there for some time. Replacement of the IC and other cards take a lot of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home